Monday, January 30, 2006

mmmmasochism

In some weird, masochistic way, I guess I kind of like the pain. It reminds me that while the rest of my body is frozen numb from the early morning sunlessness, I am, in fact, still alive.

But then, I get home, I thaw and my knee is still screaming at me "help me! I'm hurt!" And I have to think "Something I'm doing while I'm running is hurting my knee."
So I make a list:
1) Maybe I run funny.
- then..no can't be that. I run normally. I think...
2) Maybe its the cold making it throb in agony
- can't be that. I run all the time in the cold and it only started happening when....
AHA!
3) Maybe its because I've developed a love for running in barely there shoes. This can't be good for my knee joint, right?

So, as much as I enjoy running in thin-as-ballet-shoes shoes, if I want to keep my knee in tact, I'm going to have to suck it up and dig out my running shoes.

No comments: