Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Terrorism is not fought only by men in uniform.
It is not fought in only one country, by one country; it has no boundaries.
It s fought by everyone-armed or not. It is fought with the words and actions of every person against bad things.
It is fought by every person who decides to be kind instead of mean, generous instead of selfish, open-minded instead of stubborn, knowledgeable instead of ignorant.
Most important: It is fought.


6 years ago, my high school english teacher had us write poems about how we were feeling. At the bottom of my poem, I included the famous quote by Ann Frank, "Despite everything, I still believe people really are good at heart."
Every time I remember that I once truly believed that, it makes me want to believe it again.

No comments: