Sunday, June 14, 2009

Smokey McSmokerson aka "Smokeymon."


Smokey McSmokerson "Smokeymon", my wonderful, pretty 14-year-old silver-tipped persian cat died early this morning.
He had been kind of lethargic for the past few days; not his usual talkative self. Before I left yesterday, I had gone out to check on him and he didn't move, only meowed at me. I woke up this morning to a content cat stretched out in the early morning sun. I have to assume that's now he passed away.
We got Smokey when I was 10, from my grandmother's friend, Sally. We raised him from a kitten, teaching him how to jump up to us, ride around in a box (which was his absolute most favorite thing to do) and even count to three (he knew he got three treats at a time and would meow until he got all three.). He also loved sitting his treehouse and watching the people go by from his perch.
He was a people cat and even those who were allergic couldn't resist petting him.
He lived an eventful 14 years, moving from Kentucky to New Mexico and back to Kentucky again.
He was buried this morning under his favorite shade tree and Kevin made the 'headstone' you see above.
He was sweet and cuddly and will be missed. He was definitely one of a kind.

No comments: