Sunday, June 11, 2006

thump

I love live music. There's just something about being thisclose to the music. You can see the vibrations of the drum set, you can see the emotion on the singer's face, you see the precise second when a mistake is made. You can see the split second frustration face the guitarist makes when he misses a note, and then flawlessly keeps going, not missing a beat.
My chest is still hurting from being so close to the bassist that my heart was thumping that beat instead of its usual one. It's probably not healthy that my chest still hurts, and it kind of feels like my heart might explode soon. But I know that it'll go away soon, and the thought makes me sad.
The festival (www.hyperactivemusicmag.com) went pretty damn good, considering it was its first year. We had some mix ups with the venues, a couple of bands didn't show, but things went well. We're hoping that we'll get to continue doing it, and that maybe it can become our own, better and more awesome South by southwest.
Sometimes, I wish that the local bands, containing people I know personally, would stay local. But I also know that they deserve to get world-wide credit, and I feel bad for wanting to keep them all to myself.

Hit by a Bus
The Mindy Set
Fielding
The Story Changes
The Giranimals

No comments: