Thursday, January 31, 2008

say what?

So, I'm in this class and she's going over the introduction to linguistics in a 300-level linguistics class and I feel like I've done all this before and I'm really very bored.

I'm thinking of how she's using language to lecture for a linguistics class and it's kind of cool and I wonder how someone who speaks a different language would teach the class, but I guess that doesn't matter because I don't know enough of another language to be able to understand the possible difference.

So now she's talking about the text-message/webernets language and how our generation has pretty much invented a new language. That's pretty awesome, I think. But I wouldn't really call it a new language, but maybe a new dialect of the world-not just English because I know this kid who's Japanese but can "lolomg" with the best of them-because it's not that they're new words, just really abbreviations of old ones.

I'm rambling and I wonder what the professor would have to say about rambling?

No comments: