Tuesday, July 25, 2006

late-night tension

Do I like being the one that has to be the 'cold-hearted, bitchy' friend? No. Do I like having to be the one that has to yell at my friends when they do something stupid? No. Do I like having her mad at me? Of course not. But someone has too. Someone has to tell them, even if they don't listen.
Of course I have feelings. It kills me to see friends go through the same hurt over and over and over again. I certainly don't enjoy it when they continously break up. But someone has to be the one to forget the heart and listen to the head when it says "it's happened 15 times before. Chances are, it'll happen again."
I don't like it when I have to go to sleep knowing she's not happy with me. But I'd rather go through that awkwardness than have to see her crying over the same guy a few months from now. It's getting ridiculous. I couldn't help but yell at her.
I think I'll just stick with being the tin-man for now. I just wish Dorothy would take my advice. Just this once.

No comments: