Saturday, July 22, 2006

Thoughts from the Mesa

There's something about the night air that is so much better than daytime air.
Essentially, nothing has changed. But the feeling is different.
The night air seems more pure. A little colder and more moist. The night air doesn't try to suck all of the moisture out of my body.
The breeze is different too. Blowing the troubles of the day away and leaving my mind calm. Almost a naive feeling breeze. Not aware, nor caring about what tomorrow might bring, just making sure that the air is clear while the city sleeps.
The city seems more defined in the dark. The city lights reflected in the stars I can see from the mesa. Everything twinkles in the night air. The sky, the city, even the people, all dressed up to dance in the carefree breeze.
As much as I enjoy contemplating the personality of the night air, it soon calms me to sleep.

No comments: